Monday, February 13, 2006

White House Ball

I was at work, but not in my office, it was more like the public enquiries area at Heron, or maybe the library at Heron, either way it wasn't my office. E was there and we were doing...something, I have no idea what. But our chairs were important, they were related to some "historic" display/show that was going on the next day. There were even signs of some sort on the chairs, related to their history in the department.

We finished up whatever we were doing and then decided that we'd both go bathroom before we left (yeah, even camel-bladder) so we rolled into our respective bathrooms. I got out first (without chair now) and waited for E. While waiting, I looked at the books in my hand, and there on top was the one I was supposed to have, but I had several books on Nuremberg in French. I laughed to myself...obviously I'd picked up more than I'd meant to while in the bathroom, and I'd have to put them back.

E came out and I showed her the books and we both had a laugh about it. Then we were walking, at first outdoors, on a wooded path, like a university paved path, and there were nice old coach lights and an old house off the way. Then we were inside, and trying to find our way back to the "public building" from the one we were in, which had been for our "meeting". She lead the way up a set of stairs to get out to the next level up, but this looked more like a house, or a home of some sort. It was a nice place, obviously big and fancy and expensive. There was a closed door and we could hear girls talking behind the door. I realized it was the White House. E turned to me and said "It's them, it's Chelsea."

We bolted back down the stairs, both because we knew we weren't supposed to be there, and because the girls were coming out and going to catch us. As we bolted down the stairs though, I saw George W (or more like a cartoon version of him) below us. We then hurried to try and catch up to him. Down one flight, then down another, with him always below us.

On the lowest level, we came out into a ball room, and there was no sign of GW. But there were all sorts of young women in low cut ball gowns dancing around. E and I crossed the room, and I made some comment on not liking the gowns. E said something that I found really hillarious, and I hugged her, but now she was wearing a taffeta ball gown herself, but this was a nice one, much more suited to her and the event, whatever it was. We went to leave the room, and as we did so, I woke up...

Sorta

I was in a high, antique bed, like my grandmother's old shaker spindle bed. I had to pee and so I swung out of bed. The bed was surrounded though, by antique wooden tables and easles and the like, all with these wooden drawer/arm things sticking out, and all getting in my way. I was making my way past them, pushing all the drawers closed and inwardly compaining that they were blocking my way to the bathroom. E (or was it S?) in the bed asked me something, and I replied that all was okay. As I was shoving an old wooden slide back into a table I realized that because all of these things were out it meant that someone (a servant) had been in the room earlier to let them out and I'd have to put them all back out in the morning, so that they'd be ready for the big show. The room was sorta pale creamy blue colored with light streaming in the windows, and it sorta reminded me of this room.

I was still closing the wooden slide, when I woke up for real this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home