Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Hockey night in Kanata

I was at a rink of some sort with several others. I think there were four of us in total. We were all skating on the rink, which was more of a track type rink than a hocky style rink, though none of us were skates. We were doing laps, and keeping pace, until the other three shot ahead of me and finished their laps first. They seemed far better than I, and I was sure I was done.

I finally skated over the line and the coach pointed to my feet and asked about my shoes. I looked down and saw I was wearing cross country ski shoes. My first girlfriend, S, was with me (though I'm pretty sure when she shows up she's an avatar for E - both were beautiful blonde little girls who looked similar in some ways, one I first met at that age, and one I only got to know much later, but I digress). I told the coach that I hadn't known we were going to skate today and so I'd be sure to wear more appropriate footwear next time. He let out a whoop and exclaimed "I'm going to the NHL" by which he meant "we", as in he and I. I had a stick in hand then and made a lame shot but it was with a brown wad of something rather than a puck.

Later there was something about me and S (I guess - but S as in E then iykwim) walking down a dark residential road. It was a small town but looked like the area off Vanier Parkway by the Rideau Club. It was 2am and we were waiting for a bus together, which drove up, and the driver went on break so we stayed on our bench chatting, bathed in the light of the bus windows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home