Friday, October 21, 2005

Courting to what?

I was alone, I think in China. I was going to meet with S, who was in court to give evidence of some sort for some kind of trial. My son A was somewhere and well cared for, but I had no idea where or with who or anything. At the (I guess) court house, I ran into four (three?) of S's friends, all the typical stick-bug thin Chinese girls you see in Shanghai, and they were looking for S. They somehow realized she was busy so they left, taking me along with them. They ignored me, never speaking to me, but that was okay, since they didn't speak a word of english.

We all piled into a car and drove off, but next thing I knew we were all walking through a series of vast, beautifully architected and decorated lobbies. It was like a hotel but also a mall, and everything was done in brown marble and brushed steel. I remember something about an elevator, and more lobby (lobbies?). We met up with my parents in law, and somehow they thought I was staying with the girls, but the girls thought I was going with the in laws. So they both basically abandoned me.

The strange part was, I didn't mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home