Friday, August 26, 2005

Aliens among us

It was one of those weird "I'm in it but I'm watching it" dreams last night. I was a captain of the space shuttle and my crew and I had been working for a long time to get ready for our flight. The crew was me, a woman (I think in the dream she was my wife, but I also think it was the anonymous blonde I've seen so many times, the one who I think is E), my son (yeah he's two, so??) and some other guy. We were all in these NASA-y jumpsuits, but I think they owed more to Hollywood than the space program in the end.

I didn't see the take off, but when I looked out the window we were in flight, but where I'd expected to see space I was surprised to discover we were only about 100' off the ground! We were flying very low and I think it was over highway interchanges.

Somewhere in here, I "saw" the ending of this "film" (it was like I was seeing a movie trailer), and there was someone in the Mission Control who was taking charge or something and everything worked out okay.

Then the real "shocker" came...turns out the "other guy" on the crew was really an alien! And he was out to capture us and eat our brains or make us slaves or whatever it is aliens do to us. So the rest of us were trying to escape the compartment we were in, I was shoveling the other two through a tunnel into another part of the ship, while meanwhile the alien was multiplying, he was now a dozen or more clones of himself. And all the while I knew everything was going to work out okay, because I'd already seen the end.

Then there was some strange aside about having to rescue a wizard who'd been captured by the aliens and was put on display or put to work for them, but it was in a stadium sort of setting. I saved him (it was a Merlin-y looking guy), but I'd saved him pretty much by just showing up there.

The next scene was back in the space ship. We were in some other compartment, safe for now from the aliens. My wife (the blonde) and son were, I knew, safely stowed in the compartment and the aliens couldn't get them. I was watching a black man having a shower, but I knew it was really me (if that makes any sense). He was shaving. There was a screen in the shower showing the aliens (who'd really multiplied now) and they were raving about how they'd get us, but I knew they'd never be able to make it to our compartment, they'd never find it on the ship.

It digressed from there but I don't remember any of that....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home