Wednesday, July 20, 2005

What's the news?

Two nights running now, I've had very odd dreams, that I now think might be some sort of a "theme".

Two nights ago I dreamed about a news report on CNN or something like that which was about people who had invented things from or based on Star Wars. The report was filled with video of people in costume showing off these inventions. My view of it alternated between a 'tv view' including on screen graphics, and a 'live view' where it was like I was really there at the "event" where these were on display.

Last night, I dreamed about a story involving some sort of scandal where Canadians were selling weapons or something like it to a country with the knowledge that they weren't going to be used as intended. I saw grainy footage of an interview with someone saying how the intent was to "take the money and get out". I think it might have been from the 70's. This all had started as a text story though. With some sort of line art showing a maple leaf in the middle of some sort of trench warfare. And I knew it was related to the lady at work B, who's from the Balkans, but that I was far removed from her 'now'.

It wasn't until A woke me up, and I was sitting with him to get him back to sleep that I realized what it was. I'd been reading the newspaper. It was some sort of article out of the Star. The line art was even Star style. I also realized that it was from the future. I don't even know if it's this future.

So I guess it remains to be seen, but if this scandal does erupt, at least I won't be too surprised....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home