Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Parallel?

E had a dream a while back...and in the discussion of it, I came to realize that I'd had what I guess you could call parallel daydreams long before. I won't get into her dream here, I'll let you find that if you're interested. But what I will do is list out my own mental ramblings and leave 'em here for posterity.

The point of my daydreams was to explore possabilities. It was all related to me writing but as a career not a hobby, and the "stuff" that goes around that. The one thing was about how writers always end up on book tours. In my imaginings I was in a Barnes and Noble (the one in Santa Monica if you'd like to know) to do a signing (and no this isn't egotisitical at all, even nobody authors like my old neighbour end up on book tours). And for some reason my mind decided to follow E for a while, since she was there with me, and off shopping for books. Her meanderings through the store eventually brought her back to the spot where I was sitting signing, and she stood there a while watching me from a distance. From where she was, she didn't think I could see her, but I had. Another woman approached her and started talking to her about me, and she played dumb like she didn't have a clue who I was. But then I finshed up what I was doing, walked straight over to her, with half the store watching, took her in my arms and gave her a great big kiss.

Another mental exercise involved me going on some talk show to publicise my book (yeah, complete ego, but then again visualization is important in realization, and I'm looking to do mass market bestsellers after all, not targeted niche stuff). And in the course of that one I talked about how E was my inspiration and my guiding light and how I couldn't do it without her support. And, of course, I said how deeply I love her.

Now these both (and they were the only two I "did" btw) end up paralleling her dream (at least to my mind) in a startling way. The other interesting thing to note is that I didn't really guide them. Now I know, it sounds dumb to say, after all it was my own daydream right? But I didn't. Set conditions for myself and then just let my mind wander. It was like the path was being given to me, rather than me setting it. I watched the story unfold for me, without directing it myself.

Another interesting thing is the fact that beyond what I've written here, I couldn't visualize more. It wasn't that I stopped, it was that I couldn't continue! When we walked out the door of that Barnes and Noble, that was it, over, done, finished. Even if I tried to direct it somewhere I couldn't.

And while I say it was the Santa Monica BN, it didn't look a thing like it. Go figure....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home