Saturday, April 30, 2005

Aussie news

I was on the road last night. Not literally but, travelling anyway. I found myself in Australia, though it looked somewhat more like Bangladesh or Delhi. I think someone said it was Melbourn. I remember seeing streetcars go by and lots of people on the street, many of whom I think were Indian.

I stopped at a news stand to pick up a paper. The news stand seemed primitive, like it was in an old fly bitten building, with institutional green walls and again, more Indians. The desk was crowded but I got up to see their papers. Looking through the titles, I finlly found one I was interested in, so I picked it up and handed over a traveller's cheque to pay for it. The cheque was worth $123, and they tried to make change, but all I got back was some 10's. They told me to go see someone to get more (the rest) of my change.

I ended up in a store, or more likely a marketplace. It wasn't a regular store, it was a massive open air market, with a roof that was more like a tent. The section I was in was filled with wooden shelving (all seeming very old and worn) and they were covered with toys and model trains and the like. I started looking for a nice train for me, peeked around the corner and saw the whole wall was *filled* with trains! There were *hundreds* of them! The choice was endless, and I could have any that I wanted, since I knew I had all sorts of money! And the whole time there was a little Indian boy standing off to the side, waiting and watching me.

So does this mean that my hobby store has finally come down in price enough to buy from? And the newspaper means that I'll be getting "good news" of some sort.

The whole Indian thing I find interesting and slightly disturbing. Way back, months ago, E had a dream, and in that one she found me searching ruins after a storm for my A, but the boy I was looking for was Indian. I have no idea what to make of it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home