Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Jedi night

Star Wars dream last night...how odd is that? I've not even been thinking much about SW, despite the fact that the new one is due shortly... Anyway, on with the program....

I was a "young rebel" aboard an X wing. I was riding in the R2 seat and The Man himself flying the fighter, Luke Skywalker. He was coming in for a landing on this planet. The place was a mess, with trees, crashed fighters half underwater...just a disaster. He landed, though something must have happened, since I knew we were trapped there, unable to get off the planet again. It was a deserty planet, and we entered a ruined city, looking for people and help.

While exploring the city, we met up with three "toughs" who were looking for a fight. I pulled my blaster, but it didn't work. They laughed and explained that it was because of the planet, technology like that didn't work there. So then it turned into a fist fight between Luke (not much) and me against the three baddies.

That raged on for a very short time before we were stopped by a black man in robes, with a grey streaked beard, who was *also* a Jedi. He took us all to a new location which was their "city" within the city. It too was still a ruin, but it was a "safe" ruin. Then he showed us a map to show were was safe and where wasn't.

Then things took a jump it seemed. I became the master, I was now the Jedi. I wasn't Luke, but I was in his position. I'm not sure if time had passed or not, not much I think. We were somewhere dangerous, one of those "not so safe" parts of the ruins, and we were being chased. I wasn't worried, I didn't feel threatened, but I knew something not so nice was behind us and we should probably get away. I knew I could handle it. It was more for the folks I was with that I was concerned.

I had with me a woman and the "little jedi" that I'd been earlier in the dream. We went through a fire door and were starting up a set of stairs. It was all rubble strewn and grafittied and the like. I was half way up the first flight, and calling back to the woman and little guy to hurry up, get moving please, you need to keep up. The little Jedi was just on the stairs, and the woman had only just made it through the door.

Then I was off the stairs and going down the hall. They were still back there, behind me, but I'm not sure where or how far. I was tearing down the rubble strewn hall to safety, when I was pulled up short by the black Jedi.

"Stop!" he said. "You've been infected! You've been infected and you don't know it."

It cut again, and we were now safely inside. The black Jedi was tossing down the head of a Naga (mythical serpent monster with a woman's head), which apparently what we'd been infected with.

"There," he was saying, "cut the head off and the rest dies."

And that meant we were safe. I didn't see the woman or the little Jedi around in the room though.

And then the dream faded out and I awoke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home