Sunday, May 01, 2005

Food line

I think this one was work related.

I was in line for a buffet type thing, but it was a big long line up that stretched through this area that was almost a lobby type setup. The walls were wood, but that ‘60s kinda blonde wood with big chunky outcroppings. It reminded me of getting into a theatre at the Science Center.

So there I was in line with all these other folks, waiting for something. Something to eat? I’m not sure. But then I realized I didn’t have a tray. So getting someone to hold my spot, I went over to a steel buffet trolley to get my tray. The orange trays were all dirty though. They were covered with globs of something. I didn’t take those, but I did pick one that was nice and clean then went back into line.

One of the guys in line with me then looked at me and said “Anne,” pause, “my mom, she really needs your help.” And I knew who it was at work that he was referring to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home