Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Performance art?

Everything is still quite fragmented. I don't know if last night's is due to the trip, or the sunstroke I got or what... All I know is that what I can remember involved me going to a party. It was a party at a house and the house was owned by Native Americans (Indians, sorry, it was the term I grew up with and it's how I still think). So the Indians were hosting this party, and I was there, for some reason. Maybe it was "invite a white guy" night or something. So when I got there, they were dancing in a semi-traditional fashion around the room. Then, when they were done, it was my turn. And so I with some other "outsiders" did the dance too. When we were done, almost all the indians had left (into another room I think), and we were there with one guy who was hosting.

My old friend Dave was there, and he was talking about something, telling a story maybe? He mentioned his late mother to me for some reason, but I'm not sure what now. Then the host got to me, and he asked me to "through words, physical action and body language" project the phrase "I'll return this practical kitty". Don't ask, I have no clue. Anyway, it was written so I had no context, no syllable stress, nothing. I thought a moment, threw up my hands in a gesture of exhasporated defeat and said "okay, so I'll return this practical kitty." Like I was taking back a gift that was really wonderfully practial, but was being rejected all the same. But at the same time trying to say that I knew they'd end up keeping it anyway. It got a giggle out of the host I think.

There was something more after that. We talked? Something went on, but it's all hazy now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home