Saturday, July 23, 2005

Re-Building up?

In a dream last night I was in an old castle. We were building it back up, restoring it. It was an old castle, very old, mideveal or earlier and it had fallen into great disrepair. Specifically we were working on a tower, which seemed to be the main portion of things. I was a few levels up, but not at the top, which was a way to come yet. It was a big square open thing and it was very old looking, and ill-used, but still quite sound. I wondered why we couldn't just put something across the hole and use it to somehow go up, but then I realized that the floor wasn't solid enough yet. It needed a firmer foundation, more work, to be able to take the ascent to the top.

And then it was a break time of some sort. I was in a room that was like an office, but not. E was there, sitting alone in the corner. I went over to see her and we sat together. We had our arms around each other, holding tight. I held her, and she me, and it was warm and wonderful. I nuzzled her neck with my nose, and she nuzzled back with her chin. I ever so gently and softly kissed her neck. She said, quietly "I love you". I knew what that meant. Those are not three words she would ever say lightly. "I love you so desperately," I replied, and kissed her again. Then someone came in and we stopped.

It was Sue from work, and she wanted me to help her get coffee. So I went to help her, then it was back to work on the castle. The "lead archaeologist" was pointing something out in a tunnel deep beneath the tower where we were working by flickering firelight. It was writing on the wall, it was a song, in some old eastern European language. And he sang it, but it didn't make any sense to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home