Sunday, January 15, 2006

Exploring

Had an interesting dream last night. It started out on a tall ship, one of the square sailed three masted ones that used to ply the lanes between the New World and the Old. I was coming to Canada, from Europe (England specifically). I remember little of the journey, just that there was enough of it to know about it. Then I was in Canada and living with my family, well my wife specificaly. I don't know who she was, just a blondish woman dressed like it was the 1700's. I was too. Red coat, waistcoat and breeches.

The place we were living was a quaint rustic house, that for some reason had a rock for one wall. The house was almost circular, built around this big rock in the middle, which had tree roots and stuff growing through and over it. The rock was actually more like Canadian Shield, living rock, that was part of the land.

The house was dark inside, lit only by candles and the fireplace. My wife made some sort of noise, and pointed to where a snake was coming out of the rocky root area. It was a big long snake and I saw that it was a rattlesnake. I was secretly kind of happy, knowing that a massasauga rattler was still around. It was dangerous, so I picked it up with tongs, but I knew it wasn't really dangerous to me. I put it back down again and let it crawl away.

The thing that strikes me about this dream was the rock. See, a few nights ago, I had a dream about building something and I was building it past (or around) Alcatraz, also known as the Rock. I even saw it on a map, where the boundary was past the bay where Alcatraz was. Okay, the geography was screwy, with Alcatraz actually where the SFO airport is, but you get the gist. So that's two dreams about living "around the rock". What the heck is this? What does it mean? What does the rock signify? Rocks are "committment or stability or a solid foundation". Okay...so why am I "around" a rock? The rock is inside. Hmmm, so I'm taking the stability and solidity inside? I'm going to have to keep thinking about this one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home