Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Gone for a soldier

Another full night last night which slipped away the instant I opened my eyes. All I can remember is soldiers....American I guess, dressed in dark blue anyway, and I seem to remember kepi hats as well (Civil war soldier hats). So yeah, they were Americans in blue uniforms with kepis on. I think there was both infantry and cavalry, but I'm not sure.

None of this is surprising, of course, since I've been reading about the climactic battle of the Mexican-American war (1841), when the Americans stormed Mexico City. They were wearing the blue uniform at the time and I for some reason made special notice of the kepi I bought at Disneyland last night so I get the feeling that it was all quite mundane. But still couldn't keep well enough to itself, thanks all the same....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home