Thursday, February 03, 2005

Can't get enough of that Duff stuff...

It was late...after hours, and the mall was closed. Well, it was supposed to be anyway, but some big star, like a Britney Spears or Hillary Duff was in town and needed to go shopping after their concert was over. And for some reason, there I was, at the mall when they were there. I was outside, pushing an empty shopping cart (and no, I wasn't a bag person) to go to the mall myself, when I went past all of these people in flourescent orange t-shirts who were "clearning the way" for Ms Duff (or whoever). There were electrical cables strung all over the parking lot, but strangely enough they didn't get in my way. Hmmm, but I think that means that their concert had been *in* the mall. So as I was going past, the doors opened and there was the star herself with an entourage in tow. She was all sexy and spandex and I just shook my head and kept walking (with my cart). The parking lot looked a lot like the covered parking at St Laurent, at the end near the Bay.

Then I was on a deck sorta thing, and at the bottom of the stairs on the lawn was E, and she was really really hungry and asking me to get her something to eat. So I went into the cafeteria (to which the deck was attached) and came back with a bowl of soup for her (real chunky stuff too, it was more like stew than soup, or a very hearty minestrone) and some bread. She came up on the deck, and I gave her the bowl. Then instead of eating it, she spilled it. Splashed it everywhere, saying that she wasn't in the mood for soup and was off to find something else. So I stood there on the deck for a while wondering what was wrong with the soup and what I should have gotten for her instead, but then she came back, with a bowl of soup! She said to me "y'know I did want soup after all", and I understood that she wanted to get her own food herself. So then we went off for lunch together and I woke up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home