Saturday, May 13, 2006

Geronimo!

They always say to never leave a perfectly good airplane, especially when you're a good 5000 feet up. But for some reason, last night, that's what I opted for. I was flying along in the back of a plane, and there were other people there who told me it was my time to go. So I stepped up to the door, which was like a bus back door, y'know, step on the step to open the door type thing. I stepped on the step, the doors opened and out I went.

I wasn't scared as I fell, I was counting and enjoying the view of the houses. It was kinda like a view of a paratrooper in Europe headed down toward Normandy (or at least the movie version of it). I realized I was getting really low, and I'd better open the chute, so I did, and drifted gently down. Even the chute was like a dark green military chute in the old round style. I made a perfect landing on two feet, by the way.

After that I was met by my friend at work, Bob, who took me somewhere, and we were exchanging apples. Not fruit, but computers. He was giving me his Mac and I was giving him mine. I was using his, seeing what software he had and stuff, and trying to figure out why we were doing this. His machine was older but bigger than mine, and seemed to have less on it.

I'm guessing that this was technology standing in for real apples? And my skydiving was me "getting down to earth" about something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home