Sunday, February 19, 2006

Scenes of domesticity

A chunk from overnight...
I was cooking something for dinner, for E and I, and it involved soup. I think it was some sort of crock pot meal, but the tin of soup I opened was the wrong one. I wanted a cream of something but this was bean and bacon instead. And unfortunately I didn't seem to have any cream of something in the cupboard. I remember something about a tin that had gone bad, but I don't remember what it was.

So I drove us to the store. And it wasn't just any old supermarket (I've been grocery shopping several times in dreams, but none lately), no this was the Loeb at Bank and Hunt Club. I drove the CRV into the lot (from Albion), found a space and parked. E and I went into the store. All we wanted was that cream of something soup to finish the meal, but she remembered a *ton* of things she wanted to pick up. We started getting stuff for her, I seem to remember something yellow, a pineapple maybe? And I quickly realized that the can of cream of something was long forgotten.

We were talking about something, I don't remember what exactly. E asked me "So what do you think that means?"

All I remember saying was something like "I don't know, maybe that you look at partners as possessions?" It wasn't meant meanly, or as a judgement or anything. More like part of an astrological discussion concerning second house matters.

She nodded to me. "Hey, yeah," she said, "that makes sense doesn't it?"

And things petered out after that.

So now my question is...where did this come from? Ok, yeah, we were talking astrology last night on chat...but there was no talk of possesions, no talk of crock pots, and the only talk of soup was the beef barley soup she made for dinner. And why is this two nights running of me dreaming of E and I in basically domestic situations with no great meaning or message or import? I mean, reading comics in our PJs and grocery shopping? Doesn't exactly strike me as messages from beyond.

But then again, maybe it's just wish fulfillment dreams. The desire to just have a normal life together, and do those normal things that couples do.

Like last night, no great meaning, I suspect, but I liked it all the same, and want to remember...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home