Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bad egg and a ticket

I was shopping for a gift. I was trying to get something for E, in a sportswear store of some sort. I know, doesn't make any sense to me. E's not really a "sportswear" sorta girl. This was all running-wear and swim-wear and stuff like that. So I found something but they didn't have it in the color I wanted (even though it was that color on the one I found). I asked the two sales girls there for help, and I guess on their suggestion we tried to dye it.

They were making up the dye as a test, to see how it would go, using eggs. There were two eggs needed to make the dye, and while one was okay, the other turned out to be "bad". It looked okay and all, but they told me it wouldn't work, so I was out of luck for my present for E.

I was driving home then, kinda bummed, and home was a strange mix of here and now and there and then. I had to go past the Esso from here and now, and turn up the here and now street, but it was going to take me to my dad's place from back then. I was waiting to make a left, and when the light changed, it didn't go the way it normally would, and so I ended up going through a red light. My computerized car with the driver's license inserted into the steering wheel informed me of my violation and that my license sticker was now suspended. I knew that before I could drive again, I'd need to pay a fine. It was okay, I could spot the fine and no one would even know I'd been nicked, since the car didn't even tell the cops, but it was a royal pain anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home