Saturday, May 13, 2006

Dark office

From this afternoon's naps, there was a dream that really stood out. I know, how often do you dream in a nap? Well, I sure did today.

In this one, I was at the office, which seemed more like the layout of Cleo or something, but without any windows. And the walls were painted dark red. Not even a brothel red, more of a "house of blood" sort of red. It was ill lit with shadows everywhere but you could see well enough in the cubicles.

I was leaving a side room with more cubes in it, when I ran into E. She was in a short, summery dress, which was also in a red and black print. Not quite flowers, but quite busy. She was in a bouncy, bubbly mood, though she didn't say anything to me, just smiled and drank her drink. It was a can of something (likly Coke) but she was using a straw, which she doesn't usually with a can. Oh, and she was bald. Not totally, completely, but nearly so. The little hair she did have was short and whispy, like it was growing back in. The best way to describe it would be to comare it to how Diane's looked after her chemo ended.

E lead me down the floor, and she went into an office and sat down. I don't know if it was hers or what, but she plunked in the chair, drinking her drink and smiling at me with an enigmatic smile. And I think her phone rang or something, somehow I knew I shouldn't go in, and so I just left her alone there. As I was leaving I got a hint of a glimpse of her back when I first met her with her long hair in a ponytail. Then it was gone.

I headed back the way I'd come and there was an emtpy cube, with a Thomas the Tank Engine train track set up, and abandoned on the desk. I went into the office and there was a nice setup of plastic cars and tracks. I knew I'd been there for the setting up and that I knew how long it had been abandoned and untouched. The owner was gone and not coming back again. Someone came in and was talking to me about it, but I don't remember who, or what was said or anything. I just remember Percy pulling a bright yellow freight car on grey plastic track, for an owner who would never return, and thinking that maybe it was time I used it for myself somehow, in a game or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home