Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Sailboat

I was in a cavern, a big one, well lit, but it was night time since I could see the sky through cracks and it was dark and full of stars. The walls were of some whitish stone, all craggy and jagged, and there was a river that ran through the cavern. A line up of people waited to see two sets of people at the mouth of the cavern. It was sort of like the line up for Santa at the mall.

The one at the mouth of the cavern ws dressed in some sort of a purple wizard's robe with ermine trim. And the other one was sitting on a two masted sailboat which bobbed at anchor in the river. My turn was coming and I wanted the boat guy but figured I'd get the other one.

But no! I got the boat. So I sent my eldest son, A, on first. He went on, and the man on the boat was sitting in a library on the deck. He was in the open air, but surrounded by books and book shelves, and his seat was a leather wing chair. A went on and the man asked A what his dream was.

"A skateboard," was A's reply. The man, and I and everyone gathered near me chuckled.

"No, sweetie," I called. "He means bigger than that. Your dream."

Before A could answer though, a boy, who was the son of the boatman, called down to A from a window up high above (in the rock maybe?) that A should go play with him. He did, and then I was aboard. And I was staying with the man and his wife and child, a guest on their ship for a voyage of some sort, on this magical sailboat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home