Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Rewind, let's try again

I had a strange nightmare last night.

I was in some sort of old house, and there were antique things that I was playing with. They were family things that I was being silly and disrespectful with and I knew it was wrong but I did it anyway. Whoever I was with told me that it was a bad idea and I'd incur some sort of wrath for it but I think I wanted to. I wanted to see what would happen.

So as I danced around a pole wiping something through my hair, the ghost of my great grandmother appeared. She looked exactly like she did when I'd last seen her too, but with a cane.

"Great grandma!" I shouted, but it was low and garbled as it came out.

And then the dream froze. Somewhere in my head I could tell that what was supposed to happen, didn't.

So things backed up like a video rewind and ran again. Around the pole, dance, wipe, great grandma...and I shouted again, the same way.

And this time, S woke me up. "You're having a bad dream."

That, I knew, was the "correct" ending. The one I'd been waiting for the first time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home