Monday, March 28, 2005

The search for intelligence

Bits and fragments again last night...not much remembered except --

I was in a library. I think it was a library at my dream-Rand. It actually looked at lot like the central library in downtown Regina, but then again, I always found it to look like an "archtypal" library anyway, so maybe I was in the library, if you know what I mean...

So, anyhow, here I was in this library and I was looking for a job. I was going through some sort of listings for new jobs, and then, somehow I'd applied to one. I was sitting there with collegue J? (could be) or maybe it was the mystery blonde (who isn't such a mystery). There was some sort of issue about what the job was categorized as. I was sitting near the clipping files, I remember that. And I was going through the stacks of job listings. The issue was that I am a "3", and the job I applied to was as an Intelligence Analyst and what level was it? Someone said it was like a "P something 3", someone else said, no it was a "1". They seemed to think that because I'm a "3" I had to be a "3" again, even in a different classification.

Well, finally I found the page, and there it was. It was an "IA2". Oh well, I thought, it's different from what I am, so therefor I can be a "2" there, and a "3" here. I even remember telling someone I could flip back and forth if I wanted to, that it was really no big deal.

I have a feeling this was seriously job related...In fact I'd seen an Intelligence Analyst show up in the listings...wonder if that means I should be applying? I've always liked the idea of being that sort of analyst....I think it sounds neat! Well, we'll see if the job's even still open....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home