Wednesday, March 23, 2005

How many sisters?

When this one started last night, I was already swimming. I was swimming for fair, going great guns, headed to a destination. But I wasn't in water. I was swimming along a highway, or a roadway (empty of cars at least). There were farm fields on either side of me, and I was giving some sort of running commentary about my voyage. I remember saying that I was lucky that my allergies weren't acting up because of all the farm fields (though I'm not allergic in reality), and I pointed out a silo full of hay? grain? on my left and said "And I'm definately not going in there!"

Then I got to where I was going, which turned out to be Montreal, but the swim was far shorter than I'd expected it to be. I don't particularly like Montreal, and I remember thinking "Crap, I don't like going to Montreal..." but I was there, and that was that. I was wearing a tiny little speedo which was printed like a Canadian flag, and I was a bit concerned about how "exposed" I was, but no one seemed to care, and I thought "oh well, I'm not going to worry either" so I didn't. I went into this bar or something like that and as I wandered the halls, I could see it was like a clinic or health spa. There were people in the various rooms all getting treatements or massages or something like that. I was now wearing a white lab coat over my speedo.

I got to the end of the hallway and turned back, which took me to a common room of some sort, where I met these two girls. One turned out to be E's older sister (older sister? E's the oldest!). She came with me as I went somewhere, and then we were in a car, or had a car, and the car had a mattress in the trunk. The matteress was for E's younger sister En. We were at some sort of bar/club whatever, just outside the washrooms. Everything was decorated with dark blue tiles. Oh and I was now dressed normally. E's older sister (who didn't have a name, btw) told me to call En and tell her about the mattress/bed for her, and then went into the men's bathroom. She didn't seem to have an issue with that either.

So I started looking for a phone. I looked under the saloon-style doors into the ladies to see if there was a phone in there. Nope. And ther was a woman in there, who was talking to someone. So I didn't go in. But then I spotted the phone on the wall, so I picked it up and dialed En's number. She wasn't there so I got her machine, but the voice on the machine was E. It was a message E had left for En. When I got the beep, I left my message, explaining who I was (I've not physically met En nor even spoken to her though I did hear a message from her on E's voice mail once) and that I had this matteress for her (which I somehow knew she'd be quite happy about). And even while I was leaving the message, I knew that En and E were both listening to the message, though pretending they weren't there.

And that was that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home