Saturday, March 19, 2005

Watch your hat and coat

Strange strange night last night.

Another work dream that I don't for a second believe was a work dream. In this one, I was at the office, with A and I was in my trenchcoat and fedora, A was in his winter coat. The office was nothing like the office, more like a bank or something, and probably what a cartoon of a bank would have been like in the 30's. I remember red plush carpet and white walls.

I took off our coats and hung them up on pegs on the wall with a bunch of other people's coats. Then I went to my DG's office and waited to get in to see him. I'm not sure why I was supposed to see him, but I was. I was outside his office, at the secretary's desk, and I could see through the open double doors that he was in there doing something. But then as he came to the end of whatever it was, someone else slinked past the secretary's desk and got to see him first! Didn't matter that I'd been waiting, they got in first. The woman gave me a wink and that was that, I was bumped.

I was going to leave, but then I couldn't find our coats, they were gone, my hat too. I was really perplexed, who would steal our coats, especially A's? Then I realized I didn't need a coat, because I was outside, and it was nice and warm and sunny. I was in a short sleeved shirt and walking along a pathway. It was downright tropical, and I know there was a beach over that way. I rounded a corner and was then in a Volkswagon bug (an original too!). That mystery woman offered to let me drive, but I said no, that was okay, I wasn't the macho sort who insisted on driving, my lady could drive just as well.

Then suddenly she was topless, and I think I was too. I couldn't see her breasts, but as she turned, I could. Then all was back to normal, and I think she was in a tank top or something. We were driving through that part of LA where Venice turns into Marina Del Rey, with those funky little shops and artwork on the walls and stuff. She was driving the car, and I heard a voice calling my name. I looked and it was my ex, J. She'd seen us go by and was running up to see me. I asked the mystery girl to stop because I thought A "should be able to see his mother". (exact words btw)

I really do think that the loss of the coat, etc is all about me opening up, letting the vulnerabilities show. But of course, I could be wrong. As to the rest of it? I'm not at all sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home