Friday, March 18, 2005

Four Fragments

Well, the title says it all, doesn't it?

#1:
All I remember is something about A's ride-in car and the fact that "he has a choice" too.

#2:
I was going to a resort near here. Okay, resort is maybe a bit strong a term. It was like a ranch or something, and I was going because of work. I even had one of the managers at work in the car with me, I was driving him to the ranch. But it was a British drive car, since he was where the driver would normally be and I was where the passenger would, but as I say, I was driving. It was fall, turning cold and all the trees were bare.
We passed a landmark and he said to me "only ten minutes or so now, eh?"
I replied "More like 45 minutes" which I thought was actually conservative. But then *ping* there it was. Just around the corner. We got there much faster than I'd expected.

The ranch itself was very rustic. All rough wood with fire heating and the like. Quite quaint in it's own way. And I'd been there before, because I knew all the procedures for checking in. It was like one of those "work while you stay" places. I was sitting in the kitchen talking to the lady that ran the place. I think she was telling me about what I could have for supper, since there weren't many supplies. There was someone else there too, but all pretense of work was gone. I think it was the girl, the one I'd been seeing before, the unidentified lady.

#3:
This one was a story, something about a modern "abandoned child of royalty" thing. It kept flitting back and forth between a Victorian period "when this sort of thing was common" and now, when it supposedly is not. There was something going on about someone now who was actually a child of royalty but didn't know it, nor did anyone else, since it had been kept so secret. But now the secret was out and someone was after them. (I'm not sure about the "after them" part...the writer in me may have added that bit)

Which segues nicely into
#4:
I was in a public bathroom, and had just finished doing whatever I'd been doing...I think it was peeing, and was washing my hands. It was a nice place, decorated in warm yellow tones with gold fixtures (which normally I find gaudy but here were actually quite nice), and all muted lighting and such. But as I was drying my hands off (on paper towels) I looked up and a beautiful princess had entered the room! She was about my age, maybe a bit younger, with long brown hair done up on her head. She was wearing a long, ornately embroidered yellow/gold gown, the sort with the crinoline skirts, and a floor length crimson red cape, which may or may not have had ermine trim. She may even have had a tiara on her head. She definately had no embarassement at being in the men's.

I kept drying my hands, and averted my eyes, but I couldn't keep doing it, I had to look at her. So I did. She was drying her hands too I think, and looking straight at me. She gave me a smile and said "We are more closely related than you know." Those were the words exactly.

I have no clue what to make of any of it. But it seems like my dreams haven't deserted me just yet...

Oh and I've come to suspect that my dream RAND is actually my Celestial Sanctum.
If you have to ask what I mean, you don't need to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home