Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The end of the world as we know it…

The world was coming to an end.

There was some sort of invasion going on, aliens in the “War of the Worlds” vein were arriving and blowing things to Hell. I was in Toronto, alone, and watching clouds of smoke rising on the horizon that indicated where the aliens were supposedly. I never did see an alien or even an alien ship though. I was in my old neighbourhood, near dad’s place, but higher, like I was on a hillside and watching the plumes of black smoke.

Then everyone was fleeing, they were all scared and fleeing underground for protection against the aliens. Apparently the aliens wouldn’t go underground. Claustrophobic maybe. Anyway, I was going underground with them as well, but now E was with me too. We were in these massive tunnel/cave areas, but with houses and stuff in them as well, and all really well lit too. The two of us were going somewhere, though I’m not sure where, and we were laughing and talking and having a great time, despite the fact that the world was ending around us and everyone else was gloom, fear and despair. We might have been holding hands at one point, but I’m not sure.

I remember us going through a narrow doorway (well narrow in that it was probably 30 feet wide, but taken up by armoured cars going the same direction as we were). I went through first, and E was right behind me. When I got through there was this fleet of armoured cars, a convoy of them, all (I somehow knew) filled with money. It was the wealth of the outside world all being moved underground, and it was all going where we were headed. Hmmmm, too bad we couldn’t have hitched a ride with the cars, instead of walking like we were….oh well, they were backed up there were so many of them (I mean *hundreds*). And in the distance there was a shining light, a bright shining light.

It was the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home