Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Luxurious vices

I found myself in a mall. I was at a checkout, buying something. Okay, I say I was buying something because I was at a checkout and I had a bag with me, but I didn’t actually buy it iykwim. The girl at the cash checked my card that I gave her, and we discussed how long I’d had it. I said it had been a year or so, but she told me it was actually four years old and I had a great deal of credit built up on it. It was some sort of gift card obviously and that was when I realized it was a book card. I looked at the card and saw that it had date stickers on it from 2001, so yup, it was four years old. And that meant I could go get a tonne of books for free!

I left the store and walked out into the mall. It was a huge mall. It must have went up seven stories and the storefronts were all ultra-colorful and shiny and the whole place was lit up like a summer’s day. I remember signs in blue, red, green, purple, pretty much any color of the rainbow, and lots of silver and mirrored surfaces everywhere. The mall itself was quite empty, though it was a normal shopping day, just there was no one there. Just like I like it.

I wandered across the open area I was in (I was on the ground floor, at one of those empty areas where they sometimes put fountains and the like. Across the way was a drug store, which I wandered into. It was then I realized I was in a winter’s coat (well, a heavy coat anyway). There was one aisle in the store basically, and this aisle was filled with chocolate. There were boxes and boxes of Christmas chocolates. Hollow Santas, liqueur chocolates, foil covered balls, chocolate of any and every description. And then at the end of the aisle there were boxes of liqueurs, gift boxes, with big bottles, some with gift glasses and the like. All in gold and royal purple colors. On the whole it was all extremely luxurious. And I was going to get something. I didn’t know what, but I could get some chocolate and some liquor if I wanted. It wasn’t that I had to or anything, but it was basically mine for the taking if I wanted it.

Wandering back up the aisle I wanted to look again and make my selection, but the way was now blocked by a black couple who were looking at the bottles and chocolates, to make their own selection. When the dream ended, I was standing waiting for them to finish up so I could scoot by and make my own selections. (they wouldn’t be long by the looks of it)

Notes: chocolate – self reward, moderate “luxury”
Alcohol – contentment and satisfaction in decisions made, success
Book – slow steady progress and a pleasant life, gaining wisdom and intelligence
Mall – invisible forces controlling life, nice stores etc mean pleasure and success
Christmas – good family and social times, new beginnings and fresh starts
Santa – getting what’s coming, naughty or nice (so what does it mean when he’s chocolate?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home