Wednesday, April 06, 2005

All aboard!

I was on a train. It was a passenger train, and I was a passenger, but I'm not sure where we were going. I was in a car, which as it turned out later was actually the caboose. I was having some dealings with a lady in the next car, who was running a snack bar sort of arrangement, though what sort of dealing I wasn't sure. She knew me, that much I know at least.

I remember seeing my high school friend S in the caboose. He's shown up a couple of times now, and since I've not talked to him in almost two years, I'm not entirely sure what it means, though I suspect I should be getting in contact with him. At one point I was leaving the caboose and going forward on the train, and he stayed behind to make sure that I could get back in. (darn nice of him I thought) Turned that the door was unlocked and I could get back in.

In the next car I had to run to catch the train, which even though I was on it was running ahead. It was like the walls were leaving without the car, though both were in motion. I passed the snackbar lady again, and caught the car. Then I was in a car that was E's living room. Well, not really. It wasn't their place. This one was yellow with a fireplace in the background. E was lying on the sofa watching TV in her jammies and bathrobe and D was just leaving (to go to work?). He was saying something, I think it was a rude joke maybe, and E was ignoring him. Both of them were sorta ignoring me. D didn't care, and E was waiting for him to leave before talking to me. On the TV was a show about Napoleon, who was being followed by a British officer of some sort. It turned into a sword duel, with Nappy trying to hide in a false tree (or a real tree? a hollow one?) but the Brit being too smart for him.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can remember for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home