Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The Split, and the Soldiers

Two that merged into one somehow.

The first had me out with E and D. I have no idea where S and the kids (or E's kids for that matter) were. It reminded me of when I was staying with E that time and we went out places, back when they only had the one kid. I think it was cool out, since I seem to remember us all in jackets.

We were at a coffee shop or something, but it also seemed like a living room. E and D were fighting about something, I didn't really know what, and he was challenging me to drive a toy tank across the living room, over top of little balls in the carpet. E somehow managed to really make D mad, and he left saying he didn't want her to come home with him.

E and I decided that she should stay at my place, with me, which somehow was where we were. I wasn't sure where S was, and I had the vague thought that I should ask her permission, but there was no way to so I didn't bother. E stayed the night (nothing happened) and the next morning we were sitting on the sofa and she was saying things like "Boy I could get used to this!" and "Wow that was a great idea" and stuff. I for some reason kept thinking that I had to tell my dad that basically I was living with E now.

Then this somehow all changed to....

A military camp. A field camp. I was with the Canadian army in Africa fighting some warlord type. We were supposed to be some sort of peace keepers but as usual we were under fire and taking casualties. There was also an NCO there in a red vest over his woodland BDUs, who was visiting from a British unit. I stole forward to look at the bad guys. They were beyond a wall and in some rubble a ways away. The cocky African warlord commander was sitting beside his mortar/howitzer and smiling behind his sunglasses as they lobbed shells at us. There was one of ours wounded on the wrong side of the wall, with a man helping to pull him in.

I suggested to the captain that we ought to put a bullet between the warlord's eyes and that the rest of his minions would scramble in that case. He agreed with me and we moved back into the camp. I thought we were going for a sniper, or maybe a rifle. No, the captain called up the 70mm field piece. They'd just assembled it and were starting to fire over open sights at the warlord's position when I woke up. The last thing I heard was the resounding *BOOM* of the gun as it went off, and it saw it rock back on it's wheels, and saw the smoke rising up from the discharge.

Too bad, I'd have liked to have seen what the effect was...though I can hazard a pretty good guess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home